Linsco Recruitment require a Void Inspector to start in a role based in Carterton for an immediate start.
Requirements for this role are:
- Qualified Trade Role
- Relevant H&S Qualifications, such as Asbestos Awareness
- City & Guilds Qualification
Job Specification -
Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of void preparation, maintenance and response works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies. Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard. Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
Undertake inspections on the service delivery in accordance with the levels defined for an agreed area and all issues are recorded and actioned accordingly. Ensure that M&E equipment, boilers and the like, are correctly set to work (controls set back for frost protection or heating systems drained and disabled), tested and commissioned. Witnessing the commissioning and testing of new equipment is being carried out by competent supply chain operatives. Ensure empty properties (voids) are inspected regularly and meet the required standard. Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Asbestos Responsible Person. Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Legionella Responsible Person. Act as first point of contact for properties within the portfolio and liaise with operational management to ensure outstanding works are tracked to completion.
Support management and supervisors in providing optimal solutions to occupant move in and move outs and coordinate all appointments demonstrating commitment to our values and strategy. Attend relevant meetings as and when required, including but not limited to neighbour disputes, welfare representatives and SFA management. Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the site team, monitor the safe working of Skilled Persons, and ensure all operatives follow the requirements for JSP. Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best.
Skills & experience
Experience of managing and supervising staff in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Management of the operational delivery of Housing Property Management tasks
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Management of Safe Systems of Work
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g., SMSTS)
Safety - Comply with all the roles and responsibilities as set out within the SHEQ procedures, including;
- Work in accordance with any Risk Assessment, Method Statement and Safe Systems of Work
- Ensure any risks, near misses, and incidents are reported to the management / SHEQ team immediately
- To risk assess each job / property upon arrival on a site-specific basis.
- Complete the relevant COSHH assessment appropriate to the task in hand.
- To use appropriate safety equipment and clothing / uniform when completing all works for the safety of yourself and residents
- Ensure all public protection measures are being taken and adhered to by yourself, residents and other members of the public
- Take care of your own Health and Safety and the safety of others whilst at work and ensure you do not cause harm to others or the environment through your acts or omissions
- It is essential to ensure the Lone Working Procedure is adhered to including usage of Skyguard App.
If interested in this role please call Matt on 07976 454230
Linsco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.