Senior Project Manager
Up to £75,000 plus package
Summary of Role:
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to manage all aspects relating to the successful management of the Account and deliver profitability in a professional and safe manner. Usually, a Senior Project Manager is appointed to manage high value or technically challenging Accounts.
This will include management of the site team in delivering the operational requirements, the commercial team in managing the finances and working with central services to support the needs of the Contract Manager and the business as a whole
Over and above this is the objective to work with the Customer to create additional value by demonstrating the overall capability within the company.
Generally reporting into the Operations Director, a key function is to work with the Senior Team and peers in driving continuous improvement in to the operations and hence increase the value of company offer to existing and new Customers
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead in defining measures to ensure the works are conducted in accordance with all HS&E legislation and the Health Safety and Environmental Plans.
- Ensure that risk assessments and method statements are maintained and address all safety measures required.
- Support the Operations Director in developing the business strategy
- Develop operational structure to suit the specific needs of the Account
- Actively engage in the Site's environment to promote the company brand and be at the forefront of market leading technology and innovation
- Ensure effective systems are established to support the operational needs of the Contracts Manager
- Ensure CAFM systems are in place to optimise the management of all planned and reactive works
- Leads and collates the output of knowledge share
- Engages specialist capability where needed
- Develops management resource plans to meet operational needs and effects change where required
- Actively manage the Suppliers to deliver best value into the Account
- Ensure accurate and timely financial forecasts are produced in setting targets
- Monitor the production of timely accounts for use in managing the business
- Maintain commercial, technical, legal and insurance knowledge to support the Account
- Ensure cash is pro-actively managed
- Take the lead in presenting budgets to Clients
- Undertake all duties in a manner that is professional and in accordance with the latest Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Actively work to improve the public perception and brand
- Demonstrates and maintains a high level of operational and commercial knowledge and works closely with the delivery team to review techniques and solutions to meet business and customer needs
- Early identification of business risks in projects and ensuring that risk management, risk registers and contingency are in place to manage a minimise risk
- Manage prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts.
- Ensuring materials and suppliers are procured in an efficient manner with capable organisations in accordance with procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept.
- Adopt a major part of concluding client negotiations
- Comprehensive understanding of the requirements of the quality policy and procedures and how these are applied to individuals own role.
- Ensure compliance with procedures
- Actively seeks to question and challenge the "norm"
- Work to the principle that Innovation is an essential management capability which will be a key factor in the sustainability of the Account
- Utilise CAFM system to maximum effect on the Account: operational delivery, commercial and demonstrating best practice
- Be at the forefront of technological applications within the industry
- Demonstrate technical excellence to the Customer
- Disseminate technical best practice throughout the business: other Accounts, Bids Management, Business Development
- Engage in industry forums to be at the leading edge of technology
CSCS Black Card
Required: Formal Construction Qualification to Degree level
- Desired: Background in delivering Complex New Build and refurbishment projects. Experience of working within Education, Healthcare or Commercial
- Ideally have worked for a Tier 1 or Main Contractor
- Senior Manager required to Oversee a number of Time, Quality & Safety Critical operations, understanding of Programmes, scheduling and Man Management.
- Ability to liaise and communicate at all levels.
- Flexibility and a desire to succeed in some challenging environments.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.