£40,000 - £50,000
Linsco are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor for a client of ours based in the Peterborough area. The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for assisting in the execution of the Quantity Surveying function on allocated contracts within the Residential sector, including new build housing, extra care and high-rise apartments.
- Maintain and develop company commercial processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to maximise returns in terms of profit
- Manage, reduce, and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Maximise cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Manage the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely accounts for use in managing the business.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business.
- Assist the Bid Team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work.
- Keeps in touch with company values
- You will bring a track record in working within a successful team which would include profit maximisation, robust financial, commercial acumen, and a good understanding of risk.
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a main contractor or developer, specifically on Design and Build, new build, and refurbishment projects, as well as sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
- Positive attitude towards teamwork
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.