£40,000 - £50,000
Linsco are currently recruiting for a Construction Manager for a client of ours in the Stoke-on-Trent area. Reporting to the appointed Sector/ Operations/ Senior Contracts Manager the Construction Manager has responsibility for the operational management and performance of the contract(s) / site(s) to which he is assigned. Ensuring works are completed safely to programme, budget and quality standards expected by the client in a professional and ethical manner adhering to commercial guidelines, established best practice and professional/company standards.
The Construction Manager will:
- Ensure all supporting functions sustain operational management to maximise returns in terms of profit and service level.
- Identify, manage and reduce all unnecessary costs and inefficient activities - ensure project / contract risks are clearly identified and controlled.
- Ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with all HS&E legislation, HS&E Policies, procedures & Minimum Safety Standards, and the site Health Safety and Environmental Plans.
- Manage subcontractors, service providers & operatives to construct the works safely.
- Review, produce & monitor Task Control Sheets & method statements for all works.
- Ensure site inductions are carried out.
- Puts safety first and instils this in subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure that works are coordinated to ensure suitable safe access and segregation is maintained.
- Ensures that suitable welfare is in place and maintained.
- Make efficient use of standard IT packages to efficiently manage own time.
- Use specialist software to assist in contract delivery.
- 5 years experience in a similar role working on Refurbishment, Fit-out, D&B and New Build projects
- Degree or equivalent in construction management
- SMSTS, CSCS or SSSTS Card/Certificate
- Willingness to travel when business demands
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.