Business Development Executive
- Location: Nottinghamshire / Derbyshire boarder
- Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (Depending on experience)
- Full time, office based position
- Full driving licence
Our client has been providing personal and business insurance solutions around the East Midlands for over 50 years. They are recruiting for a Business Development Executive to focus on developing, growing and retaining an existing commercial client base.
Overview of Business Development role
- Create strategies to successfully reach new business opportunities, including new markets, new clients, new partnerships or new products & services.
- Build relationships with new and existing clients, gauging their needs and developing proposals to address these needs
- New business enquiries
- Develop the existing team of commercial account handlers
- Be part of the management team
- Attend business networking events, explore social media opportunities through sales navigator
- Develop a strategy for identifying new opportunities and existing clients
- Deliver the strategy with the support of commercial account handlers
- Identify new business opportunities such as new markets, new clients, new partnerships or new products and services
- Take an active role as part of the management team, contribute to management meetings, with effectively with the management team to reach new business opportunities
- Manage and develop the team of commercial account handlers with the support of the COO
- Liaise with commercial account handlers to provide accurate quotations.
- Share leads and opportunities with other departments
- Work with the marketing team to develop campaigns
- Ensure processes follow the company practices and procedures
- Carry out regular training as appropriate to the position held and areas of activity, to maintain competencies in accordance with requirements
Knowledge and skills
- A strategic and creative mind
- Manage own time efficiently
- Work on own initiative
- Excellent customer service skills
- A 'can do' attitude
- Ability to motivate yourself and others
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters and reports
- Ability to priorities and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to
- Computer literate including; Microsoft work, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this role please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is impossible to contact all applicants therefore, only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately no been selected.
Linsco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.