Senior Quantity Surveyor
£50,000 - £65,000
Linsco are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a client of ours based in the Peterborough area. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will report to the Managing Surveyor/Commercial Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for administering main contracts, subcontract management inclusive of monthly payments and final account settlement and cost reporting.
- Strive to optimise the profitability of the Contracts you work on.
- Regular assessment of work, variation assessments, processing payments and issuing notices in line with Sub-contract conditions.
- External Valuations and management of main contracts under JCT conditions or bespoke Development Agreements.
- Pricing, negotiating and agreeing variations, extensions of time and loss and expense with the client's representative.
- Negotiating and obtaining Collateral Warranties, and other bonds, warranties or guarantees.
- Timely submissions in accordance with Contract requirements to maximise profit and cash flow.
- Generation of scopes of works against which sub-contracts will be procured by our buying team.
- Taking off and scheduling materials for procurement by our buying team, and monitoring usage and forecast cost.
- Drafting and administering design and consultant appointments in conjunction with the design coordinator.
- Monitoring risk and opportunity schedules and managing risk from Commencement to Completion.
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings.
- Ensure company health and safety standards and procedures are followed throughout the team.
- HNC or equivalent is essential
- At least 10 years' experience working within the construction industry
- Experience of administering main contracts
- Significant experience working within the construction industry, for a main contractor and on affordable housing, retirement villages and development projects.
- Demonstrable strong account management and commercial experience.
- Entrepreneurial ability to optimise profit in a continually changing environment.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying (Desirable)
- Membership of an industry recognised professional body (CIOB, RICS, CInstCES) (Desirable)
- COINS Experience (Desirable)
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.