| Head of Pre-Construction/Pre-Construction Manager|
- GCSE's including Maths and English
- HNC / Degree in Construction Management (or similar, or willing to work towards)
- Willing to work towards Membership of the CIOB
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Pre-Construction/Pre-Construction Manager, the Planner will be responsible for the production of programmes, progress reports and associated procurement/design schedules on schemes both within pre-construction and live projects.
- Produce fully logic linked programmes - pre-construction, tender, project (short term and full programmes).
- Review information and comment on information in relation to programme implications.
- Attend meetings to gather/request information relating to programme implications.
- Monitor and edit programmes based on revised/updated project information.
- Contribution to the production of robust project controls and accurate reporting and forecasting.
- Produce procurement schedules and information release schedules along with the project team members.
- Ensure accurate/timely completion of any relevant documentation.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- High level of experience in producing construction/pre-construction/tender programmes, with full logic linking.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Current and valid full and clean UK driving license.
- Professional attitude and approach to work.
- High level of ability in MS Excel and report writing.
- Competent in the use of Asta Powerproject (Essential).
- Understanding of construction principles and techniques.
- Understanding of Pre-Construction activities.
- Ability to assess information diligently and efficiently to gather the information required.
- Experience of supporting and working with junior members of staff (Trainee and Assistants).
- Good listener
- Good communicator - spoken and written
- Embrace new ideas and systems
- IT literate
- Team player
- Able to provide quality information within deadlines
- Health and Safety focused
- Able to manage workload by understanding requirements and deadlines
- Flexible & adaptable
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Well presented
- Planning Management: Demonstrates a good knowledge of the disciplines and functions of the Project Delivery Team and how these integrate together.
- Health and Safety: Understands the implications of company rules and regulations, ensuring a safe environment. Follow standard operating and safety procedures. Flags up potential safety issues.
- Initiative and drive: Seeks responsibility and shows a willingness to take on and achieve challenging goals. Takes the initiative to act immediately and taking accountability for actions and outcomes. Shows high motivation, drive and determination to achieve goals set.
- Works as one team: Respects and co-operates with the team, sharing problems and accepting support. Adopts a friendly and approachable manner; shows tolerance and consideration of others. Works with junior members of staff to support them where necessary.
- Communication: Communicates clearly and confidently, both orally and in writing. Shares information and relays instructions.
- Analyses and solves problems: Gathers information and asks questions to understand the context and to check assumptions.
- Prioritise workload: Schedules own work, planning ahead and prioritising own workload. Produces high quality work, reacting positively to feedback. Maintains composure and focus under pressure, coping with disappointments or setbacks.